This edition of Five Questions & Quick Hitters is with Emerson Timm. Emerson is a 2026 out of Arlington High School (NE) and member of ETG Midwest Elite, playing up a class with the 2025 team. Thanks for your time Emerson!
1. This past club season you were played up an age level with ETG Midwest Elite 2025. What were some of your favorite events from the season, and how was the overall experience of playing up with older players?
I’m thankful I was able to play up with some pretty talented girls throughout Nebraska this last club season. The experience exposed me to a next level of basketball throughout the country. My favorite trip was Rock Hill, South Carolina. We went up against some skilled teams and overall got better.
2. ETG recently entered a partnership with Shane Hennen Workouts. Have you had a chance to attend any of the workouts yet, and if you have, what are some of the areas that you have been working on developing?
I have attended several workouts with Shane Hennen and I am excited for his partnership within ETG. In workouts we have worked on many different areas of our game. Including diverse finishes, footwork/ball handling, mid range to three point shots, being a supportive teammate, and being mentally strong. Shane is an asset for the development of players here at ETG.
3. Your High School, Arlington, struggled a bit last year, but had a roster with a lot of young players on it. What are you hoping your role will be in your Freshman season, and what are some of your personal and team goals for 2022-23?
This coming season we don’t have any seniors, and will see some underclassmen on the court. Last season they struggled bringing the ball up the court, but this coming season I am hoping to help fill that role and bring whatever I can to support my team. Overall, as a team I think we can build on last year and have a better season.
4. As a top 2026 in Nebraska, you should draw plenty of interest in recruiting. Who are some of the people you will count on for guidance in the process, and do you know any of the things you'll be looking for in an academic program or athletic program yet?
Throughout the next few years I will count on my parents, coaches, and teammates for guidance and support throughout the process. On the academic side I will be looking to attend a college with a strong health sciences department, as I’m interested in a career in the medical field. On the athletic side I am looking for a place I can fit in easily and have a role on the court.
5. I like to ask players to take a look at their own games. What do you feel are your biggest assets as a player, and what skill are you currently working on developing?
Looking at my game I’d say some of my biggest assets are defense, my ability to change speed and get to the rim, and being a team player. My mid range shots have come a long way, but I am continuing to put in work in that and other areas including outside shots and different finishes around the defense.
1. Favorite place you've traveled to for a basketball game or event: Rock Hill, South Carolina
2. Favorite professional athlete: Trae Young
3. Favorite book: One of us is lying By: Karen McManus
4. Favorite Netflix series: Stranger Things
5. Hidden Talent: I'm surprisingly talented in Spanish class
6. Last Google search: Trending authors
7. Favorite hype song: BUTTERFLY EFFECT By: Travis Scott
8. First concert you attended: Katy Perry
9. Dream Job: Physical therapist
10. Fastest player baseline to baseline you've played with: Trishelle Miller