This edition of Five Questions & Quick Hitters is with Bree Bowman. Bree is a Division I talent in the 2025 class out of Prior Lake High School (MN) who plays with North Tartan for club hoops. Thanks for your time Bree!
1. In August, you attended camp at Marquette. You've had Division I offers and the chance to meet with several Division I coaching staffs already. When it comes to your recruiting, what are you looking for in a basketball program and do you have any idea what you may be interested in Majoring in at this time?
For me, it is really about fit. I’m a big relationship person, so finding a staff and program I can connect with is really important. I’m looking for a school with a family culture, where I can continue to develop as a player and a person. Right now I am interested in business marketing, so finding a school with an accredited business program is important.
2. You play your club hoops with one of the top 2025 teams in the region, North Tartan. What were some of your favorite events you got to play in last season, and what are some of the things you look forward to most next season as your team will play a full schedule on the EYBL circuit?
Playing with NT has not only been really fun, it has developed me as a player. My team last year had great chemistry… and we had a lot of fun both competing and off the court. Traveling to Boo Williams and Nike Nationals in Chicago were memorable because it was such a big stage. My favorite tournament was probably the season finale in Des Moines. We played really well and it was great to feel like all our work paid off. Next season we have almost the whole team back, with a few new players. I’m looking forward to picking up where we left off.
3. Prior Lake returns a lot of key pieces from last seasons team. Last season ended on a tough note, so as one of the leaders coming back this season, what are some of your expectations for the team, and are there any individual goals or markers you'd like to reach during your Sophomore campaign?
Coach Hodges has put me into a leadership role as a captain. I feel like I’m ready this year to take on that responsibility. I want to keep the girls focused on the team goals, and set the bar for effort and energy. We have everyone back and we are looking forward to getting the season started with our new staff. Coach Hodges has already started moving us in the right direction. My personal goals are to be more aggressive and use my abilities to give the team what we need in big moments. My NT coaches set a goal for me to be more consistent with my motor, so that’s a focus of mine.
4. Navigating the recruiting waters can be tricky at times. Who are some of the players (current or former), coaches and other individuals you look for to when you need advice or have questions about the process or any of the schools who have interest in you?
NT coaches are always available to answer any questions I have or to just talk through things. Coach Hodges has really helped me this fall too. My parents and I talk through phone calls and visits, and I keep a notebook info on schools and to keep track of things. As for other players, my NT teammates and I talk about recruiting since we are all going through it.
5. When you look back at your career in 20 years, what do you think will be some of the accomplishments you were able to attain during your playing career?
I want to win the EYBL championship at Nike Nationals, win a conference title, score 1,000 points in high school, have a successful college career.
1.Favorite city you've traveled to for a basketball game or event: Knoxville
2.Best passer you've ever played with: Mylea Monahan
3.Favorite color: Black
4.Favorite visiting High School gym to play at: Farmington
5.Favorite Class: Photography
6.Biggest role model: my parents
7.Last Google search: MN Largest Candy Store
8.Best player you've ever had to defend: Nia Holloway and Aaliyah Crump
9.Favorite Actor or Actress: Adam Sandler or Kevin Hart
10.Favorite Netflix Series: The Office