This edition of Five Questions & Quick Hitters is with Julia Kennedy. Julia is a 2023 from South Milwaukee High School (WI) who played club hoops with Wisconsin Fuel and is a recent commit in the 2023 class to Cardinal Stritch. Thanks for your time Julia!
1. You recently made your verbal commitment to Cardinal Stritch, congratulations! What were some of the deciding factors that led to your selection to play for Coach Pfaffl and the Wolves?
I really loved the atmosphere of Stritch as well as the coaches. When I took the tour I really enjoyed myself and had a feeling that Stritch is where I belong.
2. You were part of Wisconsin Fuel for club basketball. Although they are a smaller program in terms of teams, they did a nice job of producing college caliber players. What were some of your favorite memories or playing with Fuel and what were some of the advantages to playing in a smaller program?
I’ve played with those girls a couple years ago, so we were all really close. The hotel rooms were my favorite part because we would all get together and hang out. An advantage is not many people have heard of us so they won’t know what they’re expecting.
3. The South Milwaukee roster will look quite a bit different in 2022-23 with several graduations. As one of the key returning players what are your expectations for the team, and in what areas are you looking to elevate your game?
My expectations are high as I know my teammates can do a lot more than people expect. I want to elevate my game by being a great leader and being positive no matter what is going on in the game.
4. Some players, yourself included, post scripture in their bios. You have posted Luke 1:37 on your Twitter bio, what makes the verse special to you?
I love the verse because for some reason it just speaks to me. I’m very spiritual and god is very important to me.
5. Like a lot of current players, you use Social Media to promote your game and information. Besides your YouTube channel, what were some ways you used Social Media to aid in your overall recruiting process that other future recruits could benefit from?
Twitter was the biggest way I got college attention. Me and my mom basically did all my recruiting and Twitter was a big help.
1. Favorite tourist site to visit in Milwaukee: I love going anywhere downtown
2. Favorite visiting High School gym to play in: Brown Deer, I like how spacious it is
3. Favorite place you ever traveled to for a basketball game or event: Either Las Vegas or Kentucky
4. Toughest class: Anatomy and Physiology
5. Favorite Restaurant: I don't have a favorite restaurant at the moment
6. Go-to hype song: I also don't have 1 go to hype song, I have a lot
7. Cats or Dogs: I like dogs better, even though I do have a cat
8. Favorite Movie: Pitch Perfect
9. Funniest teammate: Probably Natalie or Courtney
10. Hidden talent: I can't think of one at the moment