This edition of Five Questions and Quick Hitters is with 2023 Kat Miller. Kat is still open in the recruiting process, will be a Senior this season at Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah High School (WI) & played club hoops with Wisconsin Blizzard. Thanks for your time Kat!
1) You've had a number of college visits and offers recently. First, congratulations, and secondly, when are you hoping to make your final college decision?
Thank you. I am not too sure as of right now what my plans are for college. The entire process of visits and offers is fairly new to me, so I am taking my time with it all. I am thinking I will make my final decision sometime during basketball season!!
2) You wrapped up your club career with Wisconsin Blizzard and are now seeing the opportunity to play college ball. What were some of your favorite memories, on or off the court, in your time with Blizzard?
My time playing for Wisconsin Blizzard these past two years has been the best time of my life. I was blessed to have such talented and kind teammates. We gelled well together on and off the court. It was the most fun I’ve ever had playing basketball. My favorite memory with the team was the entire trip when we finished off our AAU careers in Las Vegas together.
3) You're currently in-season, and as a four sport athlete, you almost always are. How is the volleyball season going and what are some of the benefits you see in being such a diverse athlete?
The volleyball season is not going exactly how I expected. We are not winning very much, but we have a very young team and I am still having fun. Being such a diverse athlete has helped me strengthen skills that I don’t always use during the basketball season. I use my body in different ways for each sport, but all the sports I play help me stay in shape. Playing so many sports has also opened up new opportunities for me to meet new people and try different things.
4) Individually you had a very solid season, but overall Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah struggled last season in hoops. What are some of your individual goals as well as team goals for the 2022-23 season?
We have some new personnel coming in this year, so I am hoping that as a team we can find more success than we have in the past. Our main issue last season was the numbers. We had a lot of young girls who had not played at a varsity level and some girls who had not played basketball since elementary school. As far as my individual goals, I am on track to hit 1000 points early in the season and I am very excited about that, as I would be only the second girl to do so at my school. I am hoping to make all conference for the fourth time, as well as maybe earn a spot on the all star team.
5) Although you are very busy with sporting activities, what are some of the things you enjoy doing during your down time?
I do not have lots of down time with my school workload and sports, but I like to take advantage of the time I do have by spending it with my friends. Whether we just go driving around or go get food, hanging out is my favorite thing to do. I also like to utilize time with my family by going to dinner or watching movies with them. When I am feeling more lazy, I like to watch Netflix or play games.
1) Toughest player you've had to defend: Chloe Vogel
2) Favorite type of cookie: Chocolate chip
3) Favorite opponents gym to play in: Oostburg
4) Favorite Class: Psychology
5) Funniest teammate: Ella Feldmann
6) Cats or Dogs: Dogs
7) Favorite Movie: None, favorite show All American
8) Favorite Book: Mamba Mentality
9) Biggest Pet Peeve: People all talking at the same time
10) Favorite breakfast food: Waffles