This edition of Five Questions & Quick Hitters is with Hailey Reuvers. Hailey is a multi-sport athlete from Faribault High School (MN) who plays club hoops with Minnesota Nice. Thanks for your time Hailey!
1. While a lot of players are waiting for winter sports season to start, you've already gotten your athletic High School season under way with Tennis. How is the season going for yourself and the Faribault team?
The tennis season got off to a good quick start. Individually I have had a few wins at both 2 and 3 singles, and 1 doubles. This weekend is our big 9 tournament which is always a blast, and we have sections next week. It has been a fun season, with not having any seniors on our roster, and only 3 juniors we have a great future ahead of us!
2. As a multi-sport athlete have you made your decision which sport you're going to pursue in college, and what are some of the things you'll be looking for in a school and athletic program?
I have not made a college decision yet, I did just do a college visit at Winona state. I like their tennis program, and am interested in that. I am not sure if I want to pursue basketball in college, but it is still on my mind.
3. It was a very tough year for Faribault in basketball last year. What are some of the things you're hoping the team can improve on, and what are some of the things you want to bring to the team to start building more success?
It was definitely a tough year for Faribault basketball. I hope for this season we can make small improvements to only help us in the future. We did just get a new head coach who coached for Faribault 3 years ago. He will bring leadership to our team which will help us succeed. I would like to bring more positivity to our team and encourage more girls to go out for basketball with our numbers being so low.
4. You play your club basketball with Minnesota Nice. They are a smaller program, but have done a quality job developing players over the last several years. What are some of the things you like most about Nice, and what are you looking forward to in the spring/summer of 2023 with them?
I have been playing with Minnesota Nice for 5 years and I definitely enjoy the attitudes from all the players and coaches. They have been like a family to me over the years, and I enjoy going to watch my teammates play with their high school team.
5. Who would you consider your role models, and what traits do you admire in them?
I look up to a lot of hard working athletes. Especially Caitlyn Clark and Paige Bueckers who continue to make women's sports more important. I admire how they never give up, and they continue to push their teammates to be better.
1. Favorite visiting High School gym to play at: Kasson
2. Funniest teammate: Halle Rice
3. Favorite All-Time Coach: Bill Sietsema
4. Favorite Class: Percussion Ensemble
5. Toughest Class: Forensics Chemistry
6. Favorite Social Media: Snapchat
7. Nickname: Hails
8. Dream Vacation: Paris
9. Who do you text the most: My Mom
10. Favorite actor or actress: Emma Watson