This edition of Five Questions/Quick Hitters is with Lizzie Corley. Lizzie is a 2024 from United Christian Academy High School (MN), a State Tournament team last season, and plays club basketball with Crossfire 2024 Blue Star. Thanks for your time Lizzie!
1. Now that everyone has returned to school again, and you get to look back at the spring and summer, what were some of your favorite memories playing with Crossfire last season?
The team bonding outside of games and practices was one of my favorite things this season. When we would travel out of state, we would usually try to do some fun team activities. One of my favorites is when we started out 4-0 at the Windy City Classic in Milwaukee and then celebrated afterwards.
2. As you head into your Junior season on the court, have you decided what type of school you'd like to find, both academically and on the basketball court?
As of right now I’m interested in sports management, so finding a college that offers a good program in that area is a big thing. Along with it being in the right location, and a competitive basketball team with good team chemistry.
3. United Christian Academy reached the State Tournament last season, and won 23 games. As one of the key returning players on that squad, what are some of your team and individual goals for the 2022-23 season?
Growing as a team will be the main goal this year, I want this team to feel like not only teammates but also family. Another goal would be to win our conference and section and hopefully return to the State Tournament. Individually, as a returning captain, I will continue to grow in my leadership skills and lead this team to success.
4. You do a good job marketing your game on your Social Media. Do you feel that because you play at a smaller school that you need to put in more time to get your name out to coaches? What are some of the ways you use your Social Media to make contact with colleges you may be interested in?
As a small school, we don’t get the coverage that larger schools do. It can be challenging to feel like you are being seen by coaches, but I know I want to play in college, and to do so I have to be noticed. I also spend a decent amount of time making and sending highlight reel tapes to coaches of schools I want to attend.
5. Besides being on the basketball court for both your High School and club programs, what are some of your other interests off the court?
Some things I enjoy doing off the court are traveling (especially to Florida), spending time with friends and family, spending the whole day boating and tubing (although sometimes it doesn’t end very well), and going to youth group on Wednesday nights.
1.Favorite place you've traveled for basketball: Milwaukee
2.Biggest phobia: Swimming alone in the ocean
3.Favorite board game: Clue
4.Favorite Holiday: Christmas
5.What do you misplace or lose the most: My car keys
6.Favorite sports movie: The Last Dance Series
7,Would you appear on a reality TV show: Not really
8.Cannonball into the pool or dip your toe in first: Cannonball
9.Favorite type of weather: Calmly snowing
10.Favorite Disney character: Olaf