This edition of Five Questions is with Trinity Wilson. Trinity is a 2024 coming off a great season with North Tartan 2024 EYBL & will be Junior at Lakeville North High School (MN). The Division I prospect is among the best posts in the Midwest. Thanks for your time Trinity!
1) You just wrapped up your season with North Tartan 2024 EYBL. You and your teammates had a ton of success both regionally and on the EYBL circuit, what were some of your favorite memories from this club season?
My favorite memories from the past year was probably when we beat All Iowa Attack to win session 2 in Iowa and winning the game to take us to the championship in Chicago.
2) You've had a ton of success on the court and it's shown itself with several Division I offers, including from both of your home state Division I programs. What are you looking for in a school in terms of education and basketball and do you have personal time-frame for when you'd like to make your college decision?
In terms of basketball, I’m looking for a school that plays through their post and does pick and roll actions. In terms of school I really want to go into business so just a good business school would be great. I’m not really sure about my timeframe yet.
3) You and your Lakeville North teammates reached the State Tournament last season, finishing the year at 19-11. Lakeville North is one of the traditional power programs in the Class AAAA. What do you and your teammates need to take that next step and reach the State Semifinals or Championship game?
I and many others on our team at Lakeville North believe that we can make it and even win state this year. The only thing I believe we need to do in order to make that come true is play like we are a contender in the state championship. We can’t play scared against bigger schools we have to play like a school that people are scared of playing against. We have to go into every game thinking that nobody can beat Lakeville North.
4) You have really made some great strides in your play the last couple of seasons, what have been some of the keys to you being able to elevate your game to the point where you are now a Mid to High Major prospect?
Getting knee surgery was definitely one of the best things I could’ve done. I also participated in a weight loss study and lost 50ish pounds last year which helped me get into better shape. And this past year of mainly defensive drills at North Tartan was another big piece to improving my game.
5) Everyone loves their home court, but what are some of your favorite places to play, either with North Tartan or Lakeville North besides your home court and what makes those places special?
My favorite places to play are the Rochester civic center, Williams arena and honestly the courts at Hy-vee hall in Iowa. I always feel that I shoot a ton better on those courts.