This edition of Five Questions is with Jordan Metzler. Jordan is a 2024 from Nebraska Attack 2024 UAA who attends Wakefield High School (NE) & is a scholarship level talent. Thanks for your time Jordan!
1) I saw you recently picked up your 1st offer, from Wayne State. Congratulations! That'll lead to my first question, what are some of the things you believe you'll be looking for in a school, both on and off the court?
Thank you! What’s really important to me is to connect with the coaches and feel like they care about me as a person and not just to win basketball games. I honestly am not sure what I want to be, but I’m thinking something with sports phycology, so going to a place where I can excel in basketball but also in the classroom is important to me as well.
2) You just ended your club season playing for Coach Kevin Krull and Nebraska Attack 2024 UAA. What were some of your highlights from this past season with Attack?
Our team had to overcome a lot of adversity this summer, and I think that brought us a lot closer than we expected at the beginning of the year. I loved being on the court with them and getting those tough wins, but I also loved our team cookout and getting to go to Hershey Park!
3) Last season at Wakefield you averaged better than 12.5 PPG as a Sophomore to pace the team. Your team does return some key pieces as well, so heading into the 2022-23 season what are some of your individual and team goals?
My role will most likely change quite a bit this year as I will have to be the primary ball handler, so my goals are to improve on my ball handling skills in this off season to the point where I am fully confident in my abilities to handle against pressure. As for the team, we’ll be shorter in numbers this year but it’s nothing we can’t handle. We’re hoping to go into the season and beat some of the bigger teams that we haven’t beaten in awhile. We don’t want to be overlooked by the other teams in our class.
4) Playing at a smaller school, you often get to play in some classic older gyms. Aside from your home court, are there any places you really enjoy playing at during the High School season?
I really love playing in Ponca’s and Wayne’s gyms. They’re alot bigger than our gym so the sound when the crowd gets into the game is really fun to be apart of.
5) Who are some of the people you look to as role models, and what are some of their traits that you admire the most?
I think one person I look up to a lot is Kylie Hammer. I’m a small guard for the college game but I have big goals. Kylie was a small guard too but look at what she did her senior year. She had an incredible season. She didn’t let anyone tell her what she could or couldn’t do. A lot of the more undersized players that are playing in college I really admire. It’s not a secret that being undersized makes it more difficult to get recruited, but if you put in the work, the results will come.