This edition of Five Questions is with Maria Radabaugh. Maria is one of the top 2026s in Minnesota, playing with Minnesota Fury 2026 Blue and will be a Freshman at Totino-Grace High School (MN). Thanks for your time Maria!
1) You just completed your club season with Minnesota Fury 2026. It included trips to Alabama and Cincinnati. Where was your favorite event this year and what were some of your favorite moments of the season?
The Alabama UAA session 1 was a really great experience! It was so fun to see the facility, so many college coaches, and the great players. One of my favorite moments of AAU was riding together with our team in a family RV to get food and go to games.
2) You will be entering your Freshman year at Totino-Grace, the defending Class AAA Champion in Minnesota. What are some goals you've set for yourself this upcoming High School season?
I really want our team to go back to State and compete. I also would like to contribute to the team and their success this season. An individual goal I have is to get bigger and stronger so I will continue to workout at ETS performance.
3) You're already starting to get attention from college coaches, including at the Division I level. What are some of the things you'll be looking for in a school down the road as you begin your journey in the recruiting process?
I haven’t decided on a major yet but would look for a school that offers programs that interest me. Also, looking for a basketball program that makes me feel welcome and a team with a positive winning culture.
4) What is the best piece of advice you've gotten about the recruiting process so far?
One piece of advice was to visit college campuses nearby when traveling for out of town tourneys. Another was to keep an open mind about different types of universities like location, size etc…
5) Besides being a basketball player, what are some of your interests when you're away from the court?
I am starting volleyball for the first time this fall at TG and have also played lacrosse and tennis. Spending time with my friends and family on the lake, shopping, and traveling are some of my favorite things to do.